One of Pakistan’s leading exploration & production companies, Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) on Tuesday announced gas discovery at its exploration well Hatim X-1 at Gambat, South Block in District Matiari of Sindh.
PPL is the operator of Gambat South Block with 65 percent working interest along with its joint venture partners Government Holdings Private Limited and Asia Resources Oil Limited with 25 percent and 10 percent interest, respectively.
Hatim X-1 was spud on October 8 and reached the final depth of 3,800 meters on 26th November 2015.
Based on wire line logs, potential hydrocarbon bearing zones were identified in Lower Goru Formation.
Initial testing in Massive Sand of Lower Goru Formation flowed 56 mmscfd gas at 48/64 inches choke size, thus confirming the presence of commercial quantity of natural gas at Hatim X-1.
The well is being flowed at different choke sizes to measure gas flow rates, and the actual flow potential of the well will be determined after completion of the test.
- Achieving food security in Pakistan
- Announcement of policy rate by State Bank of Pakistan
- Defending Pakistan's territorial integrity
- Dirty oil politics
- Dishonest Western Media
- Energy Crisis in Pakistan
- Financial Inclusion program of SBP
- Geo political importance of Pakistan
- Geo Politics in South Asia and MENA
- Global Oil Glut
- Importance of remittances in pakistan's economy
- Investing in Commodities
- Investing in Pakistan stock market
- Investing in Pakistan Stock Market
- Investment opportunities in Pakistan
- Islamic Finance in Pakistan
- Making textile insutry robust
- Mutual Funds in Pakistan
- Oil and Gas Production in Pakistan
- Pak Afghan Relations
- Pakistan Foreign Policy
- Pakistan Stock Market Weekly Review
- Perforamance of exploration & production companies
- Performance of cement industry in Pakistan
- performance of commercial banks in Pakistan
- Performance of commerciial banks
- Performance of energy sector companies
- Performance of Fertilizer Industry in Pakistan
- Performance of insurance companies in Pakistan
- Performance of power generation companies
- Performance of textile sector of Pakistan
- Robust agriculture in Pakistan
- State of Pakistan Economy
- State of Pakistan's economy
- State of Pakistan's Economy
- Taxing POL consumers
- Textile Exports of Pakistan
- US-Saudi oil war
- War between shale oil producers and OPEC
- Warehouse Receipt Financing in Pakistan
- Who controls this world