Profit after tax of FFBL for CY15 went up marginally to Rs4.1 billion (EPS: Rs4.35) from profit of Rs4.02 billion (EPS: Rs4.30) for CY14.
Net sales of the Company rose by 6 percent to Rs52.2 billion for CY15 from Rs49.4 billion a year ago. This improvement can be attributed to a 7 percent increase in DAP (di-ammonium phosphate) and a 28 percent growth in urea off-take.
Gross margins shrank to 14 percent from 22 percent earned a year ago due to subsidized DAP sales, resulting in 12 percent contraction of DAP primary margins to US$239 per ton.
Other income surged by 5.37 times for CY15 amid recognition of the DAP subsidy under this head.
The FFBL also witnessed a 42 percent YoY jump in financial charges to Rs1.87 billion due to debt financing of future projects along with higher working capital requirement.
The company booked effective tax rate of 25 percent for the year under review as compared to 31percent for CY14.
According to a Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) notice, Board of Directors of the FFBL have decided to form a committee to consider the offer for sale of certain voting and non-voting shares in Noon Pakistan Limited.
FFBL result, subsidy on DAP, FFBL new projects
- Achieving food security in Pakistan
- Announcement of policy rate by State Bank of Pakistan
- Defending Pakistan's territorial integrity
- Dirty oil politics
- Dishonest Western Media
- Energy Crisis in Pakistan
- Financial Inclusion program of SBP
- Geo political importance of Pakistan
- Geo Politics in South Asia and MENA
- Global Oil Glut
- Importance of remittances in pakistan's economy
- Investing in Commodities
- Investing in Pakistan stock market
- Investing in Pakistan Stock Market
- Investment opportunities in Pakistan
- Islamic Finance in Pakistan
- Making textile insutry robust
- Mutual Funds in Pakistan
- Oil and Gas Production in Pakistan
- Pak Afghan Relations
- Pakistan Foreign Policy
- Pakistan Stock Market Weekly Review
- Perforamance of exploration & production companies
- Performance of cement industry in Pakistan
- performance of commercial banks in Pakistan
- Performance of commerciial banks
- Performance of energy sector companies
- Performance of Fertilizer Industry in Pakistan
- Performance of insurance companies in Pakistan
- Performance of power generation companies
- Performance of textile sector of Pakistan
- Robust agriculture in Pakistan
- State of Pakistan Economy
- State of Pakistan's economy
- State of Pakistan's Economy
- Taxing POL consumers
- Textile Exports of Pakistan
- US-Saudi oil war
- War between shale oil producers and OPEC
- Warehouse Receipt Financing in Pakistan
- Who controls this world