Engro Corp has released its financial results for the year ended 31st December 2015. The Board of Directors approved payment of 70 percent final dividend, taking full year payout to 180 percent. The announcement was a pleasant surprise for the investors in stock market, which is going through bearish spell lately.
Engro’s Corp’s profit after tax grew by almost 122 per cent to Rs17.3 billion (EPS: Rs26.32) for the year under review as compared to net profit of Rs7.8 billion (EPS: Rs13.59) earned last year.
Engro Fertilizers continued to be the chief contributor towards the profitability, recording net profit of Rs15 billion (EPS: Rs11.28) for the year 2015 due to availability of concessionary gas and inclusion of DAP in total sales.
Earnings of Engro Foods were recorded at Rs3.2 billion (EPS: Rs4.13) as compared to Rs0.8 billion (EPS: Rs1.16) last year. This growth was on account of volumetric expansion leading to a higher market share in the dairy segment coupled with margin accretion.
The chemical business, however, managed to keep its losses in-check by posting consolidated loss after tax of Rs0.6 billion.
In a stock filing, Engro Corp informed that it had appointed advisers for the potential sale of up to 24 percent holding in Engro Fertilizer through private offering to local and international investors subject to the approval of shareholders.
- Achieving food security in Pakistan
- Announcement of policy rate by State Bank of Pakistan
- Defending Pakistan's territorial integrity
- Dirty oil politics
- Dishonest Western Media
- Energy Crisis in Pakistan
- Financial Inclusion program of SBP
- Geo political importance of Pakistan
- Geo Politics in South Asia and MENA
- Global Oil Glut
- Importance of remittances in pakistan's economy
- Investing in Commodities
- Investing in Pakistan stock market
- Investing in Pakistan Stock Market
- Investment opportunities in Pakistan
- Islamic Finance in Pakistan
- Making textile insutry robust
- Mutual Funds in Pakistan
- Oil and Gas Production in Pakistan
- Pak Afghan Relations
- Pakistan Foreign Policy
- Pakistan Stock Market Weekly Review
- Perforamance of exploration & production companies
- Performance of cement industry in Pakistan
- performance of commercial banks in Pakistan
- Performance of commerciial banks
- Performance of energy sector companies
- Performance of Fertilizer Industry in Pakistan
- Performance of insurance companies in Pakistan
- Performance of power generation companies
- Performance of textile sector of Pakistan
- Robust agriculture in Pakistan
- State of Pakistan Economy
- State of Pakistan's economy
- State of Pakistan's Economy
- Taxing POL consumers
- Textile Exports of Pakistan
- US-Saudi oil war
- War between shale oil producers and OPEC
- Warehouse Receipt Financing in Pakistan
- Who controls this world